New Business Manager, Greater China
About Sedgwick Richardson
We’re a regional team of strategists, designers and sustainability specialists who are passionate about building brands that have a positive impact on our world. We are a new kind of company that is changing how brands are created. We fuse sustainability principles into brand building to create relevant brands that thrive.
Together, we Build Belief in the Future.
This is an opportunity for someone ambitious and passionate about strategic brand, sustainability, and design.
Applying your influential and relationship-building skills to deliver on revenue targets, you understand how decisions are made, and relentlessly explore and reveal the business needs of clients, applying SR’s expertise in integrated brand building to grow their business, and ours.
With initial focus on Hong Kong and GBA, you will be responsible for developing the Greater China market seeking opportunities across sectors including fintech, finance, energy, property, and hospitality.
This role is key to taking our business to its next phase of growth. It does not involve you managing client projects. New business acquisition ends on passing the acquired project to the Account Management team on confirmation of appointment.
The role provides a path to Commercial Manager for the Greater China region.
You will be commercially driven, with inspiring communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. You have a strong sense of determination and enjoy creating new business opportunities.
A team player who thrives in a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment, you are also able to work independently to take the lead on new business development initiatives. You are detail oriented but motivated by taking a strategic approach to business development challenges.
Native language Putonghua is required. Working level Cantonese and English are also essential for this role.
Working alongside Senior Management, take leadership in developing a targeted and long-term new business strategy:
- Responsible for developing a robust, and continually refreshed opportunity new business pipeline
- Identify specific new business targets within target sectors
- Maximise networking opportunities by attending industry events
- Research and analysis: industry and client brand research
- Contact prospects via phone calls, email or through other social media such as LinkedIn
- Maintain CRM reporting and documentation
- Participate in Group NBD and marketing calls to share progress and identify cross market opportunities
- Take ownership of tailored credential decks to showcase case studies to win business
- Set up and attend new business meetings: delivering credentials and leading the conversation with gravitas
- Ensure all business opportunities open to SR are qualified and captured
- Work with management and partner companies to scope and develop proposals, including collaborating with the client to refine the project deliverables
- Ensure the project team is clear on the agreed project scope and the specifications of technical deliverables
- Participate in monthly revenue recognition meetings to maintain visibility of overall project progress
- Lead the training of team members in presentation of client credentials
- Able to travel to mainland China to develop legacy clients and develop new opportunities, with focus on GBA
- Maintain your passion for people — including strong interpersonal and leadership skills, and a client service focus
- Work accurately and efficiently under pressure — you enjoy being part of an ambitious team
- Stay motivated to meet agreed sales targets
- Most importantly, sustain a powerful intellectual curiosity to inspire all whom you work with.