As Sedgwick Richardson’s Sustainability Intern, you will provide a sustainability support function to ensure our consulting work offers practical and tangible value. Our interns tend to work on a variety of projects and support the team closely on business development through to research. This is an ideal position for individuals who would like to learn about sustainability strategy, communications and reporting within an Asian context. We are looking for a curious and enthusiastic individual who is equally passionate about sharing both their point of view and learnings from their current studies.
You will have opportunities to:
- Undertake research on evolving global business sustainability agendas across five key industries (property, finance, conglomerates, FMCG, hospitality).
- Research latest sustainability reporting trends and review report content to provide strategic recommendations
- Assist in aligning client reports to GRI, HKEX, Sustainalytics and other common standards/frameworks
- Contribute to the research and development of client presentations
- Assist in developing meaningful materiality assessments and stakeholder engagement approaches for clients
- Conduct market analysis, including researching and evaluating competitors sustainability positioning, activities and digital content
- Contribute to new business pitches and various writing tasks
- Input to SR’s website and all business development/promotional materials
- You’ll have 1-3 years of experience in digital and/or brand consultancies, with experience in managing brand communications and digital projects
- You’re enthusiastic about web development and digital, and can clearly explain the benefits of certain technologies or approaches over others
- You’re passionate about branding at all touchpoints, and keep up to date with trends, technologies, and methodologies
- You live for the details, and take pride in delivering great work
- You have experience scoping out new projects and contributing to pitches
- You’re comfortable speaking with colleagues and clients on a range of different topics related to branding and digital
- You can write and speak articulately in English, Cantonese and Putonghua, whether it be to communicate a project schedule or write a great brief in both languages is a must.
- You’re a self starter, and will be driven to help take our digital offering to the next level
- You’re a great communicator, and have good spoken and written English
- You have experience managing external vendors
- You’re calm under pressure, and can juggle multiple priorities and tasks
- Most importantly, a powerful intellectual curiosity to inspire all that you work with.
- Studying or completed a Bachelor degree in Sustainability, Climate Science, Environmental Engineering, or related field. Other disciplines are welcome to apply.
- Must be fluent in English, with Cantonese and/or Mandarin preferred.
- Proactive, confident with a curious mindset
- Well-versed in Microsoft Excel, with knowledge of Keynote, Adobe Indesign and Photoshop a welcome plus
Please send us a short email convincing us why we should hire you along with your résumé.