Sedgwick Richardson (SR) is seeking a Sustainability Consultant to join our growing sustainability practice – supporting Asia’s leading organisations to enhance their sustainability impact. Join us to build belief in the future through:
- Working with our clients to develop, implement and communicate their meaningful and credible approaches to sustainability by adopting environmental, social and goverannce (ESG) best practices
- Exercising and growing your research, stakeholder engagement and sustainability strategy and reporting expertise, while flexing your knowledge of relevant frameworks and performance ratings
As a Sustainability Consultant at SR you’ll be respected for your strong research, stakeholder engagement, technical reporting and editorial expertise. Alongside demonstrable client management skills, you’ll have experience in engaging and advising listed companies on sustainability/ESG frameworks (GRI, IIRC, SASB, ISSB, UNGC, UNPRI, TCFD, TNFD, etc.) and ratings (S&P/DJSI, FTSE4Good, MSCI, Sustainalytics, CDP, etc.).
Sustainability Reporting, Research, Insight and Strategy
- Contribute to and lead the development of sustainability reports for clients active in a diverse range of industries across Asia
- Work with clients and SR’s team to define the brief: the scope of the project, including research methodologies
- Contribute to primary research assignments, including stakeholder interviews, focus groups and surveys, as well as conducting desk research when required
- Analyse and turn data and research insights into strategic recommendations
- Working with our Directors and Advisors to turn sustainability visions into tailored action plans that work in the real world
- Support technical leadership across the full suite of sustainability services:
- peer and best practice benchmarking
- stakeholder engagement
- materiality assessments
- strategy development
- data collection and analysis: including organising workflows for data management and third-party assurance of sustainability data
- advising on best practice governance structures and policies
- content strategy and copywriting of sustainability reports, policies, and external sustainability communication
- Minimum three years of experience leading sustainability report content development to meet leading reporting frameworks and raters’ expectations (working knowledge of the most common sustainability reporting standards and frameworks — GRI Standards, and HKEX requirements are a necessity)
- Experienced in analysing ESG data and understanding deviations to identify risks/opportunities
- Passionate about sustainability and the need to turn strategy into action
- Familiar with supporting teams to scope new projects and contributing to pitch proposals
- Proven project management skills, including client management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English is required (you are a perfectionist when it comes to grammar!) with Cantonese and Putonghua seen as an advantage
- Calm under pressure and empathetic
- Powerful intellectual curiosity to inspire all that you work with
- Bachelor’s degree covering the areas of sustainability, climate science, environmental studies/science/engineering, human/labour rights, business sustainability, or related fields
Sedgwick Richardson builds belief in the future by making sustainability emotive, actionable and measurable. Come join us on this journey by submitting your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and add the subject line Sustainability Consultant.
For the right individual, we are open to this role being located in Singapore or Saigon.
About Sedgwick Richardson
Headquartered in Asia for over 30 years, Sedgwick Richardson (‘SR’) is a brand and sustainability consultancy. We work with visionary leaders and entrepreneurs across Greater China and Southeast Asia to build brands that drive shared value for business, society, and our environment.
We believe that adaptation and regeneration are integral to business resilience, growth, and sustainability. Brands that are credibly contributing to a better world will prosper. Our award-winning expertise enables brands to succeed in developed, emerging and frontier markets.
We ensure brand relevance, differentiation, and purpose-led growth by integrating sustainability strategy with brand building.
In uniting with Sedgwick Richardson (SR), you’ll be joining a family of brand strategists, sustainability change-makers, storytellers, creatives and digital architects going places.
We’re a friendly and collaborative bunch, confident in who we are and what we do.
We recognise engaging, mutually rewarding relationships underpin the success of any brand—including our own.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At SR, we believe an equitable and inclusive work environment—where everyone feels valued and respected—is the foundation for delivering on our purpose. We seek candidates who fit into our culture and who can expand our horizons, challenge the status quo and innovate to create Shared Value.